修改前：10题， 每题1分， 共计10分
修改后：10题， 每题2分， 共计20分[第一部分：英语知识运用（共10小题；每小题2分，满分20分）]
1. my family （我的家庭）（第一次统考题目）
2. about English study (关于英语学习) （第二次统考题目）
3. My Favorite TV Program
4. How to keep healthy
5. My ideal job
6. my hometown
7. my job
8. My favorite means of transportation.
9. Spring Festival
10.Why We Learn English
1.- Hello, may l talk to the headmaster now?- A.Sorry, he is busy at the moment
2.- Do you think I could borrow your dictionary?- C. Yes, heIp yourself
3.- Are you Mr Robert Lee?- A. Yes, Lee speaking
4.- Excuse me, sir. Where is Dr. Brown''''s office?- D. Sorry I don''''t know, but you can ask the man over there
5.- Mary, your dress is really beautifhl. How is John?- C. Thank you. He is fine
6.- What can l do for you, madam?- A. l want a kilo of apples
7.-I''''d like to take you to the coDee house on the Gorner.- B . Thanks, l''''d like to go with you
8.- Do you mind telling me where you 、 re from?- D. Certainly not. I''''m from London
9.- May l see the, menu, please? I''''ve been waiting an hour already- C. Here you are, sir
10.-l was worried about chemistry, but Mr Brown gave me an A!- B. Congratulations ! That''''s a difficult course 11.- Would you like to have dinner with us this evening?-
C. Sorry, but this evening I have to go to the airport to meet my parents
12.- Hi , is Mary there, please?-
A, Hold on. I''''ll get her
13.- Please help yourself to the fish.-
A. Thanks, but I don''''t like fish
14.- Hurry up please, or I''''ll be late.-
A. Sorry sir, but the traffic is thick now
15.- Excuse me, but can you tell me the way to the airport?-
B. Sorry,I''''m a stranger here
16.-How about a date to the movies tonight, Jane?-
B. I''''m sorry. I have to drive my mother home tonight
17.- Are you ready to order desert, please?-
D. Yes, I''''d like to have some chocolate cake
18.- Did Tom tell you to water the flowers?-
C. He did. And so I did
19.- ShalI we sit up here on the grass or down there near the water?-
A. I''''d rather stay here if you don''''t mind
20.- Would you mind changing seats with me?-
C. No, I don''''t mind
21.- Oh, sorry to bother you.-
A, That''''s okay
22.- Good morning, Dr Johnson''''s office. Can I help you?-
B. I''''d like to make an appointment, please
23.- We are going to have a dancing party tonight. Would you like to join us?-
A. I''''m afraid not. Because I have an appointment tonight
24.Excuse me. l don''''t want to interrupt you but …-
C. It''''s quite all right
25.- You have lovely children.-
26.- Can I help you with your suitcase?-
D. Thank you. I can manage myself
27.- Can you come over for dinner with us?-
A .I''''d like to but I have a meeting tonight
28.- Good night and thanks again,-
D. Good night
29.- Oh, I''''m sorry. But I promise I''''ll be careful next time.-
B. Oh, never mind. It doesn''''t matter
30.- Could I use your dictionary for a moment?-
C. By all means
31.- Can you turn down the radio, please?-
B. I''''m sorry, l didn''''t realize it was that loud.
32.- These are certainly beautiful flowers. Thank you so much.-
B. You are welcome
33.- Hi, Sam,I think you did a good job.-
A. Thank you
34.- Good morning, sir. May I help you?-
C. Yes, I need some sugar
35.- Could you help me with my homework, please?-
D. Sorry I can''''t. I have to go to a meeting right now
36.-Why don''''t you travel to New York on vacation?-
C. I want to but I haven''''t go enough money
37.-Would you like to go fishing with us now?-
B. lt sounds interesting but I have lots of homework to do
38.- Could I speak to John Harris, please.-
39.- Congratulations ! You won the first prize in today''''s speech contest.-
C. Thank you
40- Can I have a look at your passport?-
C, Here you are 41.- Hello, may I talk to the manager about the price?-
A. Sorry, he is out at the moment
42.- Can I borrow your camera for a couple of days?-
C. Sure, here you are. Enjoy your journey
43.-Mr Chairman, could I raise a point about the plan?-
A. Yes, Dr Chosuk
44.-Sorry to interrupt, but can you give me another copy of the handout?-
45.-Do you mind if I join you?-
C. Please do
46.-My grandmother''''s taken ill and I''''ve got to go down to the hospital.-
B. Very sorry to hear it. I hope it'''' s nothing serious
47.-Well done. Congratulations on your success,-
A. Thank you very much.
48.-That man alone over there-who is he?-
B. He is Doctor Took
49.-Well, it''''s getting late. I must be going. Thank you again for inviting me to the party,-
B. Thank you for coming
50.-I want to go to New York. What''''s the fare?-
A. Pardon me?
51.- Can l help you with the bag?-
B, Thank you
52,- Hello, I''''d like to speak to Mark, please.-
B . This is Mark speaking
53.-Can you go out with us for dinner this evening?-
B . Thanks a lot but I''''m busy tonight
54.-Sorry, I must be leaving now, because there''''s a meeting.-
C. Do you really have to go? Couldn''''t you stay of tea?
55.-I''''d like to book a flight to Shanghai , please.-
C. Yes, sir, single or, return?
56.-Excuse me, is this the right direction for the school?-
A, Well, no, you''''re going in the wrong direction
57.-May I see your tickets and passports, please?-
C. Here they are
58.-Do you mind if I take a couple of hours off this afternoon?-
B . OK, but what for?
59,-Hello, is that Shanghai Airlines?-
A. Yes, can I help you?
60.-Sorry I kept you waiting .-
C. That'''' s all right. There''''s no hurry
An elderly woman yesterday made a legal claim against a department store……..
1. What does the story tell us about the old woman?D. She said she was wrongly accused of stealing.
2. Who followed the old woman?C. a store manager
3. What was said to have been stolen?D. a Christmas Card
4. What happened to Mrs. White after she was taken back to the store?B. She was shut in a small room for 20 minutes.
5. What was now the attitude of the department store in this legal case?C. They still suspected that she was a thief.
Several days ago three lions escaped from a circus in Binjiang…….
1. How many lions escaped from a circus in Binjiang Village?
2. Where did two of the lions head for?
B. A nearby meadow
3. What did the third lion find in the private house?
B. An elderly lady
4. Where did the lion sleep?
A. In the bed-room.
5. Who put the lion in a cage and carried him back to the circus?
D. The trainer and his helper
Now I''''d like to talk to you about the final exam…….
1. What should you bring along in case you run out of ink?
A. Two or three pens.
2. What will the be the format of the exam?
D. There will be only essay questions.
3. Why does the teacher call the exam comprehensive?
B. Students will be tested on al the materials discussed in class.
4. What would you be suggested to review?
D. Your midterms as well as the textbook and your class notes.
5. What percentage will the final account for in the course?
Tom was tired of living in his old house in the country…..
1. Why did Tom want to sell his house?
A. Because the house is old.
2. How did Tom solve his problem?
C. He solved the problem through a real estate agent.
3. What did the agent do promptly?
B. The agent promptly advertised the house.
4. Where did Tom see the advertisement?
B. He saw it in an expensive magazine.
5. What did he decide not to do after reading the advertisement?
D. he decided not to sell his house.
This library is an English Language teaching and learning library? Unfortunately….
1. Who can join the library?
C. B and D
2. Why can''''t the library issue library cards to everyone who applied?
B. Because its resources are limited.
3. What would the library do if a reader fails to renew the video when it is due?
B. Cancel his video card.
4. How many items can be borrowed at one time?
D. Three items
5. For how long can a reader keep a book before he renews it?
A. one month
Mrs. Brown had a small garden behind her house, and in the spring she planted some …..
1. Where was Mrs. Brown''''s garden?
C. Behind her house.
2. What was a she planning to do with the vegetables the next day?
D. To pick them.
3. Why did Mrs. Brown''''s son shout the next morning?
D. He saw their neighbor''''s ducks eating their vegetables in the garden?
4. What kind of person is her neighbor?
A. Enjoy your vegetables.
5. What words were written on a piece of paper?
C. Selfish. Passage 7
There are stories about two U. S. presidents, Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren,.……They called the club the Old Kinderhook Club, and anyone who supported VanBuren was called "OK" .
C. is not sure whether the stories are true
32.According to the passage, President Jackson-
D.wasn''''t good at reading, writing or spelling
33.According to the first story, the term '''' ''''OK" -
C.was first used by President Jackson
34.According to the second story, the term '''' ''''OK" -
D.was used to call Van Buren''''s supporters in the election
35.According to the second story, the term "OK" was first used -
B. in a presidential election
Although the United States covers so much land and……and forestry (林业) , and most of……in a metropolitan rather than a small town environment.
36.If now America has 250 million people, how many of them are engaged in agriculture and forestry?
C.Less than 25 million.
37. Which of the following fbur countries has the smallest proportion of people living in metropolitan areas?
38. What''''s the meaning of the word ''''''''metropolitan" in the middle of the passage?
A. Of a large city with its ''''suburbs.
39. According to the passage, what can we learn about small towns in the United States?
B. Small towns are still similar to each other,
40. Why is it hard to say when a piece of country becomes a suburb?
C. Because the process is gradual,
If we were asked exactly what we were doing a year ago, we should probably……are no written records, such spoken stories are often very helpful.
41. Which of the following ideas is not suggested in the passage?
D. Where there are no written records, there is no history.
42. We know very little about the central Africa 20O years ago because -
D. the people there did not know how to write
43. " a Remembered history" refers to -
D. both B and C
44. "Remembered history" is regarded as valuable only when -
B. no written account is available
45. The passage suggests that we could have learned much more about our past than we do now if the ancient people had -
A. kept a written record of every past event
When Mrs. Joseph Groeger died recently in vienna, Austria, people asked the obvious, Why did she live to be l07?" Answers were provided by a survey conducted among 148……hey must ride in cars.
31. The vienna survey may help to explain -
C. the longevity of people like Mrs. Groeger
32. The purpose of the second paragraph is to list some - .
B. occasions fbr walking in city liBe
33. To reach the third floor of a building, it would probably be most healthful -
B , to walk up the stairs
34. People who live in the country probably do more driving than walking because -
A. they don''''t live near business areas
35. A conclusion that can be drawn from this passage is that____.
D. walking is a healthful exercise
For any Englishman, there can never be any discussion as to who is the world''''s greatest
dramatist （剧作家）……have changed since Shakespeare''''s day.
36. EngIish people_____.
C. are sure who is the world''''s greatest dramatist
37. Every Englishman knows -
A. more or less about Shakespeare
38. Which of the following is true?
C. It is likely to be true that people often do not know the origins of the words they use.
39. What does the word "proverb" mean?
A. Familiar sayings
40. Why is it worthwhile to study the various ways in which Shakespeare used English?
B. By doing so one can be fully aware of the richness of the English language.
Trees are useful to man in three very important ways: they provide him wood and other
products they give him shade and they help to prevent drought (干旱)……nothing remains but worthless desert.
41. Trees are useful , to man mainly in three ways, the nlOst important of which is that they can _______.
D. protect him from droughts and floods
42. It'''' s a great pity that -
C. man hasn''''t realized the importance of trees to him
43, Sooner or later the forests will disappear -
C. unless all people are taught the importance of planting trees
44. The word"bind" in Paragraph 5 means -
C. to make stay together
45. When there is a heavy rain, trees can help to prevent floods, as they can -
B. cause the soil to allow rainwater to sink in
Dr. Harvey Gates, the noted scientist, might never have discovered the Kamron lizard
(蜥蜴) in Blovia,……for long periods without food,
31. Of the four statements, which one best indicates the author''''s idea?
B. Dr. Gates is a very famous scientist, though he wanted to be a sportsman at first.
32. In the first paragraph of the passage, the phrase c '''' in practice" means "- ".
D. while playing baseball
33. ln the second paragraph, the word " creatures " can best be replaced by-
D. living things
34, It was- that Dr. Gates discovered the Kamron lizard.
D. during the time when he was studying for the doctor''''s degree
35. Which of the following is not mentioned as a Beature of the Kamron lizard?
C. It may go for weeks without drinking
I was due to take my driving test at ll:30 am.……but the tension began mounting again,
36. On their way to the test center, Stan tried to comfort the author-
B . but the words produced no effect
37, Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. six learners would be tested at the same time.
38. When the author was sitting in the waiting room, he was quite-
39. When it was his turn to take the test, the author went to his car with-
c. increased nervousness
40. The passage is mainly about-
B . the feelings of a learner before his driving test
The resources of the library can be helpful even when we are doing something very informal, such as trying to devise a better way to measure attitudes toward music or looking for a better way to teach mathematics. The library can be equally helpftll when we are doing something very formal， such as writing a dissertation （学位论文）
chapter will describe the special services that enable us to locate such information.
41. The library resources can be helpful when we-
D. All of the above
42. The familiarity of readers with different resources-
C. differs greatly
43. The author believes that-
A. library resources should be used fluently and completely
44. When educators wish to share some information with their colleagues, they often-
D. make use of some library services
45. The chapter in question-
C. introduces some library services
Some of the notebooks George Washington kept as a young man ……and Adams, he never reached Europe.
31. Why didn''''t Washington go to college?
D. The author doesn''''t give any reason.
32. Washington Belt uncomfortable debates because he-
B. felt his education was not good enough
33.The reason why Washington didn''''t visit France was probably that he-
C. couldn''''t communicate directly with the French leaders
34. According to the author, -
A. Washington''''s lack of formal education placed him at a disadvantage in later life
35. The main idea of the passage is that Washington''''s education-
D. was rather limited for a president
Like most people, I was brought up to look upon liBe as a process of getting.……We usually get nothing but complaints."
36. From the passage, we understand that-
A. the author did not understand the importance of giving until he was in late thirties
37, According to the author-
C. you don''''t have to be rich in order to give
38. The author would make the suggestion to the storekeeper-
B. in person
39. When the author needed a post-office box, -
C. many people had applied for post-office boxes before him
40. In reply to the postmaster''''s question, the author said-
D. it was he who wrote him a letter a year ago
Children in the United States are exposed to many innuences other than that of their ……（被动的）consumers of their world rather than encouraging them to become active explorers of it.
41. Which of the following statements is NOT based on the passage?
C. Both parents and their children like watching educational television.
42. ln what ways do children suffer from television?
C. The programs make the children lose interest in the world.
43. Parents would not like their children to see commercials because-
A. they think that their children are not old enough to handle advertising
44. Educational television is widely appreciated because ______·
C. many parents like the programs it offers for their children
45. Which of the following can best serve as the title of the passage?
C. Television''''s Influence on Children
D. More Education Television
We can make mistakes at any age. Some mistakes we make are about money. But most……(体态)? The look in his eyes? Stop and think. The minute you spend thinking about the real meaning of what people say to you may save another mistake.
31. From the questions in the first paragraph we can learn that the speaker -
B . feels he may not have "read" his friends'''' true feelings correctly
32. In the second paragraph, the author uses the example of '''' You''''re a lucky dog" to show that
C. sometimes the words used by a speaker give a clue to the feeling behind the words
33. This passage tries to tell you how to -
C. avoid mistakes in understanding what people tell you
34e In listening to a person, the important thing is -
A. to notice his tone, his posture, and the look in his eyes
35.If you followed the advice of the writer, you would -
A. be able to get the real meaning of what people say to you
Why was Bastille important to the citizens of Paris? ……lt was a symbol of the King''''s complete power.
36. The Bastille had been a prison -
D e since the time of Cardinal Richelieu
37. According to the passage, which of the following statements is FALSE?
A. Anyone who did something wrong could find himself suddenly in the Bastille.
38. At the time of its fall, the Bastille housed -
D. only a few prisoners
39. Which of the folIowing statements is TRUE according to the passage?
C. The King could put people in, or let them go out, as he wanted.
40. This passage mainly -
D. gives a brief history of the Bastille
Almost every family buys as least one copy of a newspaper every day.……makes it possible fbr them to sell their newspapers at a low price and still make a profit.
41.The phrase "subscribe to" in the first paragraph means-
C. agree to buy fbr a specific period of time
42. The habit of reading newspapers is -
43. Before the time of the newspaper is -
D. news was passed from one person to another
44. The author seems to agree that money spent on advertisements is -
C. well spent
46. Which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. Five hundred years ago it took a long time for news to reach other countries
One silly question I simply can''''t stand is "How do you Seel". Usually the question…… "either you feel all right or you''''re dead."
31. According to the writer, greetings, such as "How do you feel?" -
D. generally make one feel uneasy
32. The question "How do you feel?" seems to be concert and suitable when asked of -
D. a friend who is ill
33. The writer seems to feel that a busy man should -
C. not be bothered
34. George Bernard Shaw''''s reply in the passage shows his -
35," You''''ve put a bug in his ear "means that you''''ve -
D. given him some kind of warning
Acting is such an over-crowded profession that the only advice that……But chances like this happen once in a blue moon!
36. From the very beginning, the author puts it clearly that acting is a profession -
A. sought after by too many
37. For someone who feels he must act, it is very likely that -
D. he will end up without any success
38. The film producer found Connie Pratt one morning when she was -
D. waiting for a bus
39. A few weeks after the test, Connie Pratt found herself -
B , playing the leading female role in a play
40, The concluding sentence"chances like this happen once in a blue moon" means -
D. this is a very rare chance
Soldiers and other military people wear uniforms with various other symbols……The longer the executive took to answer, the more status he had.
41. The experiment designed by the two researchers aimed at finding out -
D. how businessmen indicate status
42. Which of the statements can best sum up the passage?
C, A study revealing a set of rules about the status of businessmen.
43. Having entered the room, the closer the visitor approaches the executive, -
D. the higher his status
44. The longer the seated man was in answering the knock, -
A. the higher his status
45, Which statement is NOT true?
B . In the experiment, one actor played the executive while the other played the seated man.
1.Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was busy - for her examination.
2. The computer doesn''''t work well, so something- wrong.
C. must have gone
3. Although Mary is satisfied with her success, she wonders- will happen to her private life.
4. The concert usually takes place at the People''''s Square, with the audience- on the ground.
5. lf the whole program - beforehand, a great deal of time and money would have been lost.
D.had not been planned
6. Isn''''t it about the time you - to do morning exercises?
7. I am very grateful to you for what you''''ve given me and - you have done f()r me 、
D. all that
8. It was not until she had arrived home - remembered her appointment with ‰l the doctor.
B. that she
9. Determined to - as if everything were normal, he responded with a kind of indifference.
A. carry on
10. He - to arrange a loan through a finance company.
11. Jack is good, kind, hard working and intelligent. - , l can''''t speak too highly of him,
B. In a word
12. 1 - going to the doctor, but I wish I hadn''''t.
D. put off
13. Young children often can''''t ________ between TV programs and commercials.
14. The morning paper - a story about demonstrations in New York and Washington D.C.
15. And what we got to - is a disgrace.
C. put up with
16. TOEFL is a test for students - native is not English.
17 e He told me how he had given me shelter and protection without which I - of hunger.
C. would have died
18.This article deals with the natural phenomenon which - most interesting to everyone.
B , is
19. He studied hard in his youth, - contributed to his great success in later life.
20, The population of many Alaskan cities has - doubled in the past three years.
C. more than
21. He''''s determined to finish the job - long it takes.
22. Hardly ever - get a good job these days without a good education.
C. do people
23, Nowhere else in the world - more attractive scenery than in Switzerland.
C. can you find
24. Children learn best by studying at their own -
25. The committee is due to - its report by the end of this year.
26. She''''s an only child, but they didn''''t really - her.
27. His parents - him the opportunity to go to university.
28. - all our efforts to save the school, the authorities decided to close it.
29. For a successful business, friendly and - staff are essential.
30. To - their new shampoo, they are selling it at half price for a month.
31. Air pollution- this city is still a good place to live in.
A. being greatly reduced
32. Many Americans worry about leisure and hurry from one activity to the next- little time to stop and think.
33. I won''''t be able to attend the meeting tonight because-
C.I will be teaching a class
34. Great changes- in our institute in the last few years.
A. have taken place
35. If the building project- by the end of this month is delayed, the construction company will be fined.
C. to be completed
36. - a teacher in a university, it is necessary to have at least a master''''s degree.
A. To become
37.I don''''t know why she avoids- her opinion on the subject.
38. If I had remembered- the window, the thief would not have got in.
A. to close
39. Cambridge has announced plans to establish a business school- the master''''s degree in business administration.
40. James plans to- offers from other companies before making a decision.
41. It would make- for the parents to be involved in this discussion.
42. The licence must be clearly- in the car windscreen.
43. The donated liver came from the UK, but the hospital is giving no further-
44. Police are- the disappearance of two children.
C. looking into
45, I do not intend to follow that, because we shaIl have an opportunity to do so on another-
46. That was so serious a matter that I had no choice but- the police.
D. to call in
47. Although Jack made a foolish mistake, we at him.
B. oughtn''''t to have laughed
48. Five minutes earlier- we could have caught the last train.
49 we desire that the tour leader- us immediately of any changes in plans.
50. These two areas are similar they both have a high rainfall during this season,
c. in that
51. - my love of landscape, nothing could persuade me to spend another day in the Highlands.
A. But for
52.scientists say it may be five or ten years- it is possible to test this medicine on human patients.
53. - is no reason fbr dismissing him.
C. The fact that he was a few minutes late
54. Dieters should try to reach and- a reasonable weight.
55. They claim that- 1000factories closed down during economic crisis.
56. I - an interesting news item in yesterday''''s Times
A. e came across
57. I was stunned by the news, and my initial- was anger.
58. We are interested in the weather because it- us so directly-What we wear, what we do, and even how we feel.
59. That probably explains why public opinion is broadly- euthanasia (安乐死) , or at least certain forms of it.
D. in favor of
60. She was- a very affectionate person.
D. by nature
61. - we have achieved is attributed to the guidance of our parents.
62. Mr. Smith will move into his new house next Monday, - it will be completely finished.
A. by that time
63. The British are not so familiar with different cultures and other ways of doing things, - is often the case in other countries.
64. Beer is the most popular drink among male drinkers, - overall consumption is significantly higher than that of women.
65. The size of that island is about - that of this one.
C. as three times greater as
66. Neither of the young men who had applied for a position in the university -
D. were accepted
67. She must be looking forward to your return - ?
c. isn''''t she
68. Doctors have recently- cancer-producing substance in cigarettes has been demonstrated.
B. made it clear that
69. After seven months on the case, the police failed to - any real clues.
B. turn up
70. Franklin''''s ability to learn from observations and experience - greatly to his success in public life.
71. David and Sheila are unable to have children, but they''''re hoping to - a little boy.
72, Harry attempted a couple of jokes to - the tension of the occasion.
73. He''''s wearing a red shirt and - jeans.
B , paled
74. Not - , with youth unemployment so high, some school-l6avers with qualifications fail to find jobs.
75. Doctors predicted that the baby would not - with such severe disabilities.
76. - how little I had been able to accomplish, my Bears of failure grew rapidly.
C. When I realized
77. Each pupil was expected to contribute some of - the classroom.
B. his time to cleaning
78. This is a very difficult operation. It is essential that you - for emergency.
C. be prepared
79. Most insurance agents would rather you - anything about collecting claims until they investigate the situation.
B. didn''''t do
80. Her sun-tanned face suggested that she - in excellent health.
81. - evidence that language acquiring ability must be stimulated.
C. There is
82. Having been asked to speak at the convention -
B '''' Smith prepared some notes
83.Ever since the Smiths moved to the suburbs a year ago they - better health.
C. have been enjoying
84.Several problems have - recently over questions of pay.
85.My dad offered to pay my plane fare, which was very - of him.
86.I''''m sorry, that swimsuit is completely - in your size.
B. out of stock
87.My dad is very - of me and has never liked any of my boyfriends.
88.In the strong storm, the ship was - off the coast of Africa.
89.The team will be anxious to - a disappointing start to the season.
C. make up for
90.Latin America has an - labor force and natural resources.
You will find that college classes are very different from high school classes. you will have ……… you get a job, you will soon discover that you do not work only when you wish and as you wish. (221 words)
61. A. On the other hand
62. B. whether
63. A. turn to
64. C, towards
65. A. determining
66. C. In addition
67. A. differ from
68. D. take. initiative
69. C, Regardless of
70. D. based on
He has been proclaimed"the finest mind alive","the greatest genius of the late 2oth century"， and Einstein''''s heir（继承人），……people are 70 good at that 70 anyone else." (205 words)
61. A. far and wide
62 C. for
64. A. earned a place
65. B , who
66. C. except
67. B. incredible
68. B. positive
69. A. is
70. B. as, as
When I visited the Netherlands last year, my first impression was ……that a young person who was just starting out would have to struggle a bit at first. (216 words)
61. C. knowing
62. D. inquired
63. B. concerned about
64. A. priority
65, D. that
66, D. available
67. B. taking up
68. B. make ends meet
69. C. looking back on
70. A. end up with
Another useful method for improving your reading is the ability to……either generally agreeing or disagreeing with its message. (205 words)
61. B , reflect on
62. B. but also
63. D. should occur
64. C. take notes
65. A. relevant
66. B. serve as
67, D. at first
68. C. further
69. B. being made
70. A. take a position
Homesickness is very common among students away from home-……if things are too stressful for you to handle alone, talk to a counselor. (21O words)
61. B. leaving
62. A. for good
63. D. on your own
64. C. Chances are
65. A. Keep in touch with
66. B. go away
67. D e develop
68. B. because of
69. C. once
70. A. surface
The proficient athlete possesses natural sporting abilities and very good……to be successful in helping you attain the benefits of physical fitness. (21l words)
61. B. in addition to
62. A. defines
63. C. perform
64. D. left
65. A. which
66. D, attain
67. B. allowing
68. C. Of
69. A. to achieve
70. B. the following
Dear li fang:
It has been five years since we separated after graduation from college. After I have leaned by chance that you live in the same city with me, I am so excited about the fact that we are so near but never get any chance for a meeting.
Five years is long enough to bring about many changes to us. I work in a trading company and met my husband there who is the vice manager of the same department I work. We just got married last year and we will have a baby in three months. I am very happy with my present life.
I am so eager to know more about you. So would you contact me for a meeting as soon as you read my email? You can reach me any time at 33335555